We strive for our school community at William Ruthven Secondary College to be positive and inclusive, and one where every young person can thrive and achieve their best.
To support these goals, a number of workshops and guest speakers will be offered this year that promote student wellbeing, foster resilience and respectful relationships, and help to develop skills to make responsible decisions and handle challenging situations. Each year level will participate in different workshops.
Some of our topics for 2019 include:
- Cyber bullying
- Digital thumbprint
- Headspace presentations on mental health
- One punch presentation by the Pat Cronin Foundation
- Love Bites – A respectful relationships education program
- Looking After Your Mates
- Fit2drive – providing strategies to deal with difficult situations around road safety and decision making
- PE and sport programs for staying healthy
If you would like any further information about the wellbeing events or to offer suggestions to help students flourish, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the wellbeing team. They would welcome the opportunity to chat.
The wellbeing team can also chat with you about any specific wellbeing or mental health concerns you may have about your children and support you in accessing specialised services.