At William Ruthven Secondary College we use the web-accessible system Compass to enable parents to access up-to-date information about their child’s progress as well as College news.
Every family receives their own Compass login, and the parent portal can be accessed through any web browser by clicking on the Compass link on the parents page. Alternatively, you can click here to access the login page.
Compass allows parents to:
- Monitor attendance and enter approval for absence or late arrivals;
- Communicate with teachers and view timetables and the College calendar;
- Monitor allocated homework and assessment tasks;
- Download and view progress and end of semester reports;
- Book parent-teacher conferences;
- Pay and provide consent for events and College fees;
- Update your contact details.
Webinars for Compass
This video takes parents through the range of features and options of the Compass School Manager app including adding notes, accessing reports and viewing the newsfeed. View Video
Parents are taken through aspects such as how to access their child’s information, the menu content, newsfeed and more to assist with becoming familiar with their parent portal. View Video
This video covers the process for parents of booking a Parent Teacher Conference. (Please note this content relates to the latest version of the Conferences module) View Video
This video covers the process of how parents can consent/pay online for events via the parent portal. View Video
This video guides parents through processing event consent/payment via the Compass School Manager App. View Video
Parents are shown the process of adding a note to explain their child’s attendance after their child has been marked NP/U or L/U and also how to add a note in advance for a known upcoming absence. View Video